7.30.2007

take me to the moor

i'm bored, feeling retarded, and unable to focus on schoolwork, of which i have a shitload to do. i'm listening to the smiths, so here is my top 10 list of smith songs:


10. panic
9. handsome devil
8. some girls are bigger than others
7. please please let me get what i want
6. this charming man
5. the headmaster ritual
4. how soon is now?
3. oscillate wildly
2. last night i dreamt that somebody loved me
1. suffer little children

i know i left out some "fan faves" but for me, these songs are the band's best. i also realize that "how soon is now?" is played out, but i can't help it-- it was the song that turned me onto the band. i was all of 11 or 12 when my older brother came under morrissey's spell, yet i found his whining deplorable. but try as hard as i might, "how soon is now?" became something of an obsession of mine. these days, though, i prefer the single release of the song-- not only is it succinct, but i think its edit is more effective than the studio version.

No comments: