6.07.2007

no chin, no jaw, no service

there are fewer entertainers i despise more than marilyn manson, which is why i cannot help but comment on his recent delusion of grandeur re: gerard way of my chemical romance:

On the cut 'Mutilation Is The Most Sincere Form Of Flattery' Manson sings, "You steal instead of borrow/ You take all the shapes that I make/ Mutilation's the most sincere form of flattery/ If you want to be me/ Then stand in line like the rest /F*ck you, f*ck you."

Manson went into more detail saying, "I'm embarrassed to be me because these people are doing a really sad, pitiful, shallow version of what I've done. If they want to identify with me then here's a razorblade. Call me when you're done and we'll talk."

say what? i wouldn't know an MCR song if it bukkaked me, but brian warner is a textbook narcissist if there ever was one. (note how he loves evan rachel wood solely because of what she does for him, how she accepts him wholly, etc.-- it's all about him. dita von teese was a liability because she expected some kind of effort out of him to be something other than a one-dimensional "shock rocker," i.e., an adult, a man, a husband, etc.) what amazes me about this particular gripe from brian is how dishonest he is in omitting the fact that he stole his whole schtick from rozz williams.

No comments: